Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Assignment #13D | End of Course Reflection, Part 2

Hi all,

I am so sad to be writing my last blog post of this semester. It has been a very educational semester, and I am very grateful for Tal's teachings both in and out of lectures. I can't wait to take all of this knowledge and apply it to the real world! I believe this newfound patent knowledge will allow me to engage in more relevant technology discussions and file my own patent one day!

For my final blog post, I wanted to discuss innovation with regards to a patent being novel and non-obvious. Intellectual property holds certain value to a great deal of companies in the modern age, and I believe that innovation is mistakenly viewed as "new" ideas by many people; however, I believe that innovation includes improvements on old things that makes human lives easier. Although a patent is considered obvious and not novel if prior knowledge indicates something similar, but I believe there is a balance between innovative and redundant patents.




Through this class, we learned so much about the patent process, what requirements are necessary for a file to be patented, in addition to a discussion of patent wars and patent trolls. I learned that the process for filing a patent is actually not too difficult, and problems with the patent system exist exactly for this reason. Looking forward, I hope the US Patent Office is able to effectively combat the unjust actions of patent trolls.

Ultimately, I learned so many interesting topics through this class. I hope to take this knowledge and apply it to the real world as I look to file my very own patent one day! It's been an absolute pleasure writing these blogs this semester, and I thank you all for taking this journey with me. For the last time, thank you all and have a wonderful summer vacation!




Best,
Anish



No comments:

Post a Comment