For this blog post I wanted to discuss the value of intellectual property as assets. I came along this article and wanted to summarize it and provide my own analysis as well:
http://www.wipo.int/sme/en/ip_business/ip_asset/business_assets.htm
Although Efrat discussed this a little bit in Monday's lecture, I felt that this article form the World Intellectual Property Organization website really paralleled many of the informative points. In this article, an enterprise's assets are separated into physical assets and intangible assets. On the physical side, buildings, machinery, financial assets, and infrastructure are noted. While the intangible assets incorporate innovative capacity, brands, and concepts, among other intangibles of companies. Although the market normally perceives the bulk of a company's value to be derived from its physical assets, this is being altered in a new age of corporate value. In other words, intangible assets are becoming more and more valuable in the modern era based upon rapidly changing IT and growing technology.
Furthermore, software is becoming the catalyst to allow for intangible assets to continue growing with regards to their value. In the new age, executives are relying heavily on said intangible assets to drive the valuation of their companies. Conclusively, acquiring and maintaining IP rights can be done for distinctive signs, microchips, and innovative products and processes.
Thanks so much for reading my blog, and I look forward to seeing your comments!
Best,
Anish
No comments:
Post a Comment