This week's assignment was to create discussion surrounding social media in education. Never before have I participated in a class with such a large emphasis on social media learning, and I found it to be a new and refreshing experience. Especially with my generation, I believe that social media has played an integral role in every aspect of our lives. From our social experiences, to how we access the news and information, social media has revolutionized the way in which my generation functions in modern society. As education looks to harness the power of social media in this growing age of technology, I fully support and encourage teachers and students everywhere to embrace its positive potential.
In other classes, social media learning was stressed but never put into action. This class forced people who were uncomfortable with social media to reach outside of their comfort zones in order to fully immerse themselves in a social media ecosystem with focus placed on interactions with other students.
Looking at the powerful statistics which indicate social media's influence on today's generation, it is surprising that education systems everywhere have not effectively integrated social media into their curriculum. Looking specifically at Facebook, millennials are communicating and sharing information like never before. Social media platforms like Facebook can be integrated into existing education systems via podcasts, video sharing, collaborative presentation, and blogging.
Hope you enjoyed my blog post, and I look forward to reading your comments!
Best,
Anish

No comments:
Post a Comment