Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Assignment #11D | TED Talks, Part 4

Hi all,

For my final post regarding the TED Talks, I wanted to look at Johanna Blakley's "Lessons from Fashion's Free Culture."







This video details the USPTO's reasoning for not mandating the fashion industry to have copyrights and patents. Blakley, in this TED talk, explains how patents and licenses can actually hinder innovation. Further, Blakley discusses that clothing was in a way "too utilitarian" for copyrights and patents, a topic that actually sparks discussion regarding the software industry.

Through this TED Talk, Blakley explains the benefits of no patents or copyrights on the world of fashion innovation. I agree with Blakley's reasoning, and believe fashion creativity would be fostered through less patents and copyrights. For more analysis, please refer to my video below.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to reading your comments!




Best,
Anish

1 comment:

  1. Great job summarizing Johanna's post you did a good job of analyzing her video in your youtube clip. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete