I'm actually a bit sad writing this post because I really enjoyed this week's assignment to create posts regarding silly patents. I think it was a fun and creative way to identify just how many silly patents actually exist. For my last silly patent blog post, I present:
Leaf Chaps
These trousers allow the user to gather leaves as he/she walks via a pair of flexible leg stalls and a flexible net. As the user walks normally, the leg stalls make contact with the ground and gathers the leaves into a pile. The net on the side edges of this product occupy space between the leg stalls to make this contact and is comprised of two sections. One section is the web section and the other is a solid section; both of these can be attached and unattached via zippers and zipper heads that connect to the leg stalls.
In my opinion, this patent is non-obvious and quite novel in nature. No prior knowledge indicates patent infringement, and the invention is quite unique. However, I do think safety concerns are an unaddressed issue with regards to this invention -- the leaves collected could hold many bugs, creatures, and diseases. With direct access to our body, these leaves could prove to be quite a safety hazard through the leaf chaps! Therefore, I see leaf chaps as a funny but impractical patent.
I hope you all enjoyed the silly patent blog posts this week! Looking forward to checking in and reading your comments!
Best,
Anish

No comments:
Post a Comment